Thursday, July 21, 2005

Urban Paddling Rocks. Just Like Elvis.



I just took a look at my email & almost died laughing to see this NYCKayaker listserve post from the woman primarily responsible for the Hoboken Cove Boathouse. I just had to throw it up here in it's entirety.

Well.. I just thought I'd let folks know- this classic Elvis impersonator will be performing at Frank Sinatra Park in Hoboken from 7-9pm tonight. I have to work...and-- I'm bummed.
It's right by the kayak launch, and there's a nice open path thru the rocks now....t makes for a soft landing on some small pebble stuff the town just threw down for us. (Avoid the real stone launch if you know what's good for you)... check out www.HudsonCurrent.com to read about the performance tonight and go to www.HobokenNJ.org for other nightly performances the town has booked by the kayak launch there this summer. Some of them are pretty good-like this ska -Sinatra band "Skanatra"... I'm not making this stuff up...
Sandy


THANKS Sandy! Gotta love it!!! I'd say "Only in New York" if it wasn't in Jersey!

Lordy, and me with no lights, no gear, no camera, and not-quite-healed 2nd-degree sunburn on my arms, ugh I could kick myself (especially for the last since that was just utterly avoidable)!

p.s. Frogma Virtual Tour #2 is under construction - decided to go crazy & just put up the entire Staten Island circumnavigation in one swell foop, as they say. Turns out uploading photos on a dialup modem works pretty well as an activity that can be done concurrently with finishing Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince!

p.p.s. just changed the time on this - don't usually do two posts in one day but I want this one on top...

p.p.p.s -

Well wouldja look at the hunka hunka burnin' love Sandy bumped into on her way to work tonight! Woo hoo!



man, do I LOVE summertime!

No comments: