Monday, December 12, 2011

Because I Have No Time To Blog...

I'll just send you over to somebody else's blog instead, where you will see a really cool video about the making of the automaton which is a key (semi-pun, key, like wind-up, get it?) plot device in the recently released movie, The Invention of Hugo Cabret.

The movie is based on a book the publishing house for which I work published a couple of years ago, so I was lucky enough to get a preview. It's a beautiful movie to watch and as all the critics have already said, the cinema-history aspect is just wonderful (sent me right home to Wikipedia where I was absolutely tickled to find out that an awful lot of the movie was TRUE!) - but it never occured to me that the aforementioned automaton was anything but a beautiful puppet of some sort until I stopped by to see what the Control Geek was up to today

And...WOW. Click here to check it out yourself.

1 comment:

Pandabonium said...

Awesome! "If I only had a heart."