Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Analoguema: Update


Wow. Apparently this "film" is even more of a museum piece than I realized. It's Restaurant Week, and a friend had made reservations for a small group to dine at the Blue Water Grill in Union Square at 7:30. I left work a bit early to go to a large photography store in the area, thinking that they could take my negatives & save the images on a CD. Went to the counter where I thought they could handle that, pulled out my film, said "I'd like to get these saved on a CD". The clerk looked at them & said "Sorry, we actually don't do that here anymore".

At least dinner was good!

5 comments:

Baydog said...

Please! What did you have?

O Docker said...

Baydog, it looks like she had 22 frames of 35mm Tri-X.

bonnie said...

Less 3 lens cap shots. Watching my girlish figure, y'know?

Nancy & Dennis Friedman said...

Bonnie, there are fairly cheap scanners that can save your negatives onto CD's or let you print or retouch the images. I bought a used one a few years back for about $ 25.

Vlad Brezina said...

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago, except that I had thousands of negatives.

I used ScanCafe (http://www.scancafe.com/). I would not necessarily recommend them above others, but they did an ok job.

It turns out that they outsource the job to India. Another sign of the times...

But there are other companies that will do the job here in the US, and proudly advertise the fact. It seems to be quite a competitive industry.