Thursday, April 21, 2016

Mermaid, uh, Thursday.


Swiping a post from Facebook due to time constraints today - this was a "memory" from 2 years ago today, originally posted as "Mermaid Monday". I re-shared it today with the following update:

Facebook tells me it's time for my Spring swim with the Coney Island Polar Bears. Sunday or bust!

Actually that's a really appropriate way to put it since if I don't swim on Sunday I won't swim with the Bears this year 'cause Left Girl is getting some more surgical attention next Wednesday, and the Polar Bear season ends at the end of April. So if I miss Sunday, it'll be a bust because of my busted bust.
Click here for last year's Polar Bear post, which includes a link to my Flickr album from the day. I've gone for Easter Sunday swims for the last two years, but this year Easter was much earlier and even if TQ and I hadn't had an invitation to Easter dinner at his folks' place, I'm not sure I would've had the nerve. March? BRRRRR!

2 comments:

Anne Louise Bannon said...

Yikes! I am so not a polar bear and can't help admiring anyone who is.

LauraEhlers said...

You are a crazy woman!!!! But good for you and Lefty!!!