Thursday, July 25, 2019

Fun Event Saturday - Ke Aloha Outrigger's Mayor's Cup and Ohana Festival, Hoboken Cove

"Hey! Did somebody say Mayor's Pup?"
(adorable photo swiped from Ke Aloha!)

     O
:D />
O
No, pup, you're adorable, but it's Cup! Starting line 2018.

Quick post today to mention that the 3rd Annual Ke Aloha Mayor's Cup Race and Ohana Festival is happening at Hoboken Cove on Saturday the 27th. I'm SO sad I can't make this year, I've attended the last two, and it's a wonderful race with that spectacular view of Manhattan (and of course the Statue of Liberty for the outriggers and surfskis), and Ke Aloha gathers some really wonderful entertainers and food vendors for their Ohana Festival in Maxwell Place Park. It's a great event, and if you're in the area and looking for a lovely way to while away a few hours on Saturday, I just can't recommend this enough. Click here for full details

A bit more from last year. At the moment I recorded this snippet, I may have been as unwound as I got for all of 2018 (so relaxed!). Enjoy. :) 


147 from Bonnie on Vimeo.

Maxwell Place Park

Mmm kalua pig bowl. The guy had had spam musubi but was sold out, but this was pretty ono!

Samoan dance by the Hudson

No comments: