Thursday, February 27, 2020

Cartoonist Steve Breen's tribute to Katherine Johnson


Just had to share this amazing tribute to Katherine Johnson by cartoonist Steve Breen. It gave me shivers.

I was so sad to read about her passing this week. What a remarkable life. I'm grateful that the "Hidden Figures" movie was made - I read a lot, but I doubt I would have stumbled across this history without the Hollywood production pointing me to the book. I enjoyed the film so much, and I enjoyed the book, with its broader range of coverage of the story of what these women did for NASA, even more.

BTW, I must have said something about the Hollywoodized scenes in the movie after I read the book, and a friend shared this really interesting site where you can see scene-by-scene analyses of what was true and what was added for an emotional punch. Pretty neat what they did - click on the bar for Hidden Figures and mouse over for the comparisons.
and then mouse over for the comparison. - 

2 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

She was amazing and the cartoon is wonderful

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am so wanting to see the hidden figures movie, those ladies were so awesome!! ...inspiring. And want to read the book too!!