Friday, September 12, 2014

9/11 Post-work paddle

Ordinarily, if September 11th falls on a work day, my personal ritual is to walk downtown and around the site. This year I decided to let that go - I'd gotten post-work paddles back into my schedule as I was preparing for my Hudson River trip, and I enjoyed it, and I want to keep that up as long as weather permits. Weather definitely permitted tonight, I was even able to use my recently repaired surfski, there was a spectacular moonrise (not quite full, it's beginning to wane, but still doing a fine Great Pumpkin impersonation as it rose from the clouds), and it was moving seeing the Tribute in Light from out there. Pictures are a little fuzzy, hard to hold steady on a surfski, but give the general idea. Beautiful, beautiful night out there. Click for a slideshow view. 

2 comments:

clairesgarden said...

looks very peaceful . I love it.

Pandabonium said...

More steady than my hand on a calm day, and in any case, very beautiful pics that inspire contemplation of our blessings.