Friday, June 26, 2020

Jamaica Bay, Brooklyn, NY, 6/24/2020 - #SkywatchFriday

In addition to a pleasant encounter with our local Coasties, Wednesday's bike-paddle-bike featured such pretty skies that I spent a ridiculous amount of time just drifting around and admiring them (one joy of a solo paddle - you can paddle hard for 2 hours if you want or do a lot of lollygagging or any combination therof) and of course taking pictures of them. So with a baker's dozen of photos of blue skies and wispy and puffy clouds, I'm finally joining in on the Skywatch Friday fun.

My blogging friend Am, who blogs about her rambles in upstate NY at Ramblin' with Am has been doing this since before we got to be blogging friends through a FB page for midlife women bloggers, and every time I see one of her SkywatchFriday posts, I think, "Oh, I should do that!". Heading home on Wednesday with a zillion sky photos on the SD card, I figured this would be the week. So let's see if I can figure out how to join in...aha, and I have done it! Click here for skies around the world!

And it's just photos from this point on, click on any picture for a slideshow view.  


5 comments:

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wow, these are beautiful. An a kayak seems like the perfect vantage point from which to capture sky shots. Keep 'em coming!

Alana said...

Welcome, and I hope you are able to post from time to time. Water and sky are so relaxing, and I loved the blue sky. (Also, thank you for the shout out).

Bill said...

Super shots and a great perspective!

bonnie said...

Thanks! I'll do this again now that I've gotten it to work without any trouble. I do get some great skies from my kayak!

songbird's crazy world said...

Very nice skies