Saturday, June 24, 2006

3:25 A.M.

Car service comes in 20 minutes so I can make my 5 a.m. launch at the pier. Mantra to self: I do this because it's fun. I do this because it's fun.

Been raining & thundering all night. Have I ever mentioned what happens to our water quality around here when there's more than an inch of rain in a 24-hour period? The water quality goes straight into the toilet. Or more like the toilet goes straight into the water quality. Anyways, they'll do a water quality test; if it's officially not swimmable, they warn the swimmers & let 'em make their own decisions -- the race then becomes unofficial, but if a swimmer who's trained for a year for this & paid plane fare & all of that still wants to jump in and start swimming, having been made aware of the issues, well, nobody's going to stop them.

Lightning & thunder? Well, that may stop things.

Weather map looks like so:

Well, we shall see what we shall see. Update tonight. Gotta go!

No comments: