Thursday, January 03, 2008

No Time To Write - here's some moving pictures! Plus interesting event at AMNH.

Got a ton of stuff to do at work so may not write a whole lot this week, but look, I actually played with that-there moving-picture feature on my optio. I am slow to embrace new technology, sometimes - totally love the digital photography thing but never quite sure what to do with the movies. This came out pretty though - January 1st, 2008, Sebago frostbite regatta, near Canarsie Pol.


And...
Camera & overdramatized voiceover by TQ - thanks!

BTW for a different perspective on New York water - maybe not quite as up-close-and-personal, but a wholeheckuvalot warmer and drier - check out the 1/12/08 program at the American Museum of Natural History! Looks like a very cool day. In fact all three of 'em do, but the New York one is naturally of special interest to me & my kayaking & sailing friends around here. It's tied in with their Water: H20=Life exhibit. This is one I've been meaning to get to, anyhow - sounds fascinating.

No comments: