Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Windy Sunday on the Paerdegat Basin



There have been weekends this winter where I've been almost tempted to email Holly the Sailing Chair - "Hey, Holly, 50 degrees, light winds, can we, um, maybe go sailing, maybe, huh?"

Sunday the 10th was decidedly not one of those days.



I don't think I've seen whitecaps on the Paerdegat before (for a good closeup, click on the picture, it'll take you to the gallery & you can zoom - this resolution you can't quite see all the little white horses cantering around out there!). Good day to stay ashore - or roll in a pool. I actually had another good pool session - continuing in the vein of getting more confident in my hand roll, I hand rolled a Necky Chatham 17 on the onside, and a Nordkapp on both sides. I also did a little more of the silly-looking stuff - swimming after paddles, trying to sneak up to unsuspecting people & grabbing their bow for an unrequested surprise bow rescue - I haven't been doing so much of that lately & that stuff just does good things for raising confidence levels in an upside-down boat.

Plus it's just fun.

No comments: