Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy September 11th.

Sounds bizarre, doesn't it?

No, I haven't gone insane. Read on.

September 11th is a day that I usually mark here somehow. I was there. A lot of former co-workers of mine didn't make it out. It was the first time in my life I genuinely feared for (and ran for) my life and it will never be just another day for me, even if I don't post about it. I did think of putting up something that would automatically post, but I got so caught up in packing & checking the forecast (hoping it would miraculously improve again, which it utterly failed to do) on the 9th (the day before we drove out to Hither Hills) that remembering to post something to post 2 days later didn't happen.

I had time to myself for reflection that day, though. That's the main thing I need. Even if it's just a little time. That I was with friends was a good thing to add - the last couple of years, I've just been at work & had my time for recollection once I finished in the evening.

But today I found out that September 11th, 2009 was actually a day to be joyful as well, and well worth revisiting.

Congratulation to my friends the Kayak Family on the arrival of their second child! I guess "Strawberry Girl" will have to relinquish her "Kayak Baby" title to her not-so-little baby brother - she will simply have to become "Kayak Toddler" or maybe even "Kayak Kid".

And I guess they'll be needing a K-4 now!

Welcome to the world, Benjamin Colin!

No comments: