Saturday, March 07, 2020

5 Years Ago Today, We Had This Thing Called "WINTER"


Wow! This popped up as today's FB Memory. Impressive to see because winter just hasn't really wintered this this year, we've more just had this long slow segue from fall to spring. There were a couple of short cold snaps but just a few days each, and I don't think we've been below 20 degrees all winter.

This was on March 7th in 2015. I'd gone to the Caribbean earlier in the winter, come back, and gotten a cold that took weeks to get rid of. I'd gone to the club and discovered that I apparently hadn't missed out on too much paddling in that time!

I don't remember the specific statistics for the winter of 2015, but it must've been a lot winterier than this winter has been!

I'm frustrated that I haven't done more paddling this year - temperatures have been positively balmy but weekend weather hasn't been conducive, windy and/or rainy. Hope to get out there more in March! 









2 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

Winter is not my friend ....

bonnie said...

I've been pretty happy with this non-winter. Would actually walk out of my apartment and get a little confused on the cold snap days - "What's going on? Why am I uncomfortable? OH! It's actually cold!"