Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Perfect Weekend Part 2 - PEACHES!

I started off Sunday with a trip to the Courtelyou Road greenmarket. I have been jonesing for peaches for a couple of weeks now, and yesterday, one of the stands finally had Jersey peaches!

You aren't allowed to touch things at the greenmarket these days, so no picking up the peaches to feel whether they have a promising bit of give to them, but I was there pretty early and the vendor picked 6 splendid-looking peaches out for me, and then threw in a bonus one after he'd weighed them.

They weren't quite ready to eat on Sunday, but by Monday morning, this one had softened up and begun emitting a luscious scent. I set it on a silk pillow so that I could photograph it like the precious thing it was - ahhh, the first peach of 2020!

And then I cut it up and had it for breakfast. With, uh, yogurt. That's right, peaches and yogurt, a healthy summer breakfast.

Because what kind of frivolous person would ever have peaches and ice cream for breakfast? The very idea. Hmph.

8 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

Life is short, eat dessert first. Glad you enjoyed the peaches.

bonnie said...

That's right, Songbird! :D

Rebecca Olkowski said...

They look incredibly yummy!

Alana said...

I could have bought peaches today. I was at a veggie stand today with my husband to buy some corn. They had Pennsylvania peaches, which is what we get. But I didn't. Alas, I miss the days when I lived in Arkansas and could u-pick peaches. Just saying, they sure are great with vanilla ice cream. You did a nice job with the fruit photography.

bonnie said...

I have been inhaling them!

Cloudia said...

Just my sort!

Cloudia said...

Just my sort!

Diane Stringam Tolley said...

Mmmmmmm....