Saturday, July 11, 2020

Random Florida 2020 - 2nd Paddle Of The Year

It was back to work for me this week after 2 weeks' furlough; all work and no play made Bonnie a boring blogger, so today I thought I would look back to January. Remember January, when everything was normal and we could fly places and visit people we love? Yeah, that was nice.

This was my 2nd paddle of the year. I think it was the same day as TQ and my sister and I went to see manatees. The VRBO where we were staying (click to see)was on a canal and came with 2 recreational kayaks and a canoe. It was a quiet evening and I decided to take one of the kayaks out for a spin - nobody else wanted to come this time, I think everybody was feeling unenergetic after the day's other adventures, so it was just me, my camera, and a whole lot of birds settling in for the evening. Not long, trip log says just shy of 3 miles, but just lovely.

I did get a few more takers when I proposed an evening paddle the next day, but for some reason I did not take my camera - but we pretty much saw the same thing. Spectacular, these Florida birds! Click on any photo for a slideshow view. F 

4 comments:

Diane Stringam Tolley said...

Awesome pictures. The beauty and stillness just seem to seep in--even from a few months away and a lifetime past!

bonnie said...

Oh, it was so nice. It's so strange thinking what a different world it was just half a year ago.

Rena said...

We were spending a lot of time Kayaking in Green River (the lower part). It's so relaxing but then it got too crowded. Have you ever seen the Youtube videos of the upper gorge? Amazing & insane.

bonnie said...

WHOA. Just looked some up on YouTube. Definitely above my skill level!