Sunday, September 13, 2015

Boatlift, An Untold Story of 9/11 Resilience


Happy Sunday! I'd planned to go back to my usual kayak cheerybabble today with a trip report from an unfancy but very nice solo paddle in J-Bay I went for on the 5th, but then I saw Tweezerman's comment on my 9/11 post. He mentioned the Boatlift video; I love that video, I loved what the maritime community did that day, and I'm so glad that I was able to play even the small role in those efforts that I did, helping out with the lines when Pier 63's John Krevey called some of the party boat captains who sometimes used his barge as a loading point for parties and offered the barge as an evacuation point. Being able to actually help people was such a good balance for the fearfulness of my underground morning flight from the WTC.

Cheerybabble resumes tomorrow. 

2 comments:

clairesgarden said...

that's awesome. I hadn't heard about that before.

Harry said...

Amen!