Friday, May 13, 2016

Friday gratitude

This afternoon I go for my post-treatment wrapup "survivorship" session with my oncologist. I do expect there will be follow-up appointments just to keep an eye on me, my understanding is that you're not considered to be truly out of the woods until there hasn't been a recurrence for 5 years, and there are some finishing touches to be done on Left Girl, but first I think I'm going to go have myself a good boaty swimmy hikey summer.

 "Survivorship" sounds so odd to me - my care team was amazing and I honestly never felt like I was in that much danger. They were awesome - "You've got cancer. But here's why everything's going to be OK." And then we did what we needed to do and some of it wasn't much fun, but mostly it wasn't too bad, and I do believe that they were right. I feel good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations.