Friday, April 16, 2010

Ooh Ooh Ooh - Amazing Bronx River Flotilla!

- and when I said just above this waterfall I meant JUST above!
- Finish line of the Amazing Bronx River Flotilla the year I went!


Speaking of great free events, reservations for the 2010 Amazing Bronx River Flotilla open up at 6 a.m. this coming Monday! This is a great paddle & spaces go fast, so if you're a NY area paddler (they do request paddling experience - see picture above!), bookmark this link & set your alarm on Sunday night!

Full details here.

Sorry about the picture discombobulation, I will fix it when I get home but the link should take you to an album (backwards, I'm afraid, but it gives the general idea of how much fun the day is).

2 comments:

Andreas said...

Do you actually run the weir? Looks like a cracking drop but also looks a wee bit shallow at the bottom.

bonnie said...

Not if you know how to stop! :D

There are a couple of dams to be portaged, I think that's one of the main reason they request experience. Other than that, it's a totally placid little river.