Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Curses! Plasticked again!


Tuesday, 5/26, 11:36 P.M. - I posted the following triumphant announcement on Facebook: "Ha, well I believe I had that zero net plastic day I was trying for the other day! Today, I didn't buy any (or accept any for free), and I didn't throw any away. Came this close to botching it again by stopping to buy bread at the store in Newkirk Plaza but caught myself just in time."

And having crowed my little crow, I got up from the computer, walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth, and decided that my ears needed cleaning. With a q-tip, which was plastic, and which I threw away (well, I wasn't gonna save it, that would be disgusting), thereby once again blowing it.

Curses! Foiled again! Or plasticked again, more like. Sneaky freakin' stuff! 

Today had potential but that got fouled up by my unwitting acceptance of a sandwich pick, the kind with the little decorative plastic ruffle on the end that my sister and I used to call "Barbie kahili", at lunch.

This is turning out to be a trickier thing to do than I thought.

If you missed my first failed attempt, and what brought this on, and why this post is labelled "Hokule'a NYC", you can read that here

No comments: