Wednesday, August 17, 2016

More from Women Swimmin' weekend

So, yes, I wasn't in Brooklyn this weekend, I hit the road with a song in my heart and a boat on my (rental) car around 10 am on Friday, headed to upstate New York for another visit to Ithaca. This was my third time helping out with the Women Swimmin' for Hospicare event in Lake Cayuga, it's a great event in a beautiful part of the country and although it is a bit of a hike from Brooklyn, I do actually like to drive a car once a year, just to keep my hand in, so this is a great way to get that in. I make a three-day weekend of it and it's just so much fun. Ithaca's got this cute slogan, "Ithaca is Gorges" - well, it really is!

I started to describe the fun I got to have out there in addition to Women Swimmin', but it started getting a little long for a post in the middle of the work day and if I make that part 2 I can do pictures. For now, I'll just start you off with the link to my Women Swimmin' event gallery. Enjoy!

Photo above was one of my favorites as this small flock of ducks had apparently decided to join in for a bit - they were swimming along as though they were part of the event. Too cute. 

No comments: