Sunday, December 30, 2007

Jetskis of the Purple Sage

Very interesting article about the issue of access to public lands for ATV's & other recreational users out West in the New York Times today.

Fascinating parallels between the situations described there & the ones we end up with regarding access for various types of recreational craft on New York City's waterways.

This could be my last post for 2007 - TQ's coming down from CT tonight, we've got a date to paddle out the old tomorrow (with snow in the AM forecast, I don't know if that's a hot date or a cold one!), & then we'll paddle in the new with the rest of the Sebago crew at the Tuesday Frostbite Regatta.

I've made a big batch of my mom's famous pecans for the potluck. Looking forward to the day!

Anyone else greeting the New Year by getting out on the water?

That's all for now. Here's my best wishes to everyone for a very healthy & happy New Year!

See you in 2008!

No comments: