Monday, December 01, 2008

When will the Proxigean Tides arrive between 1999-2020?

Find out here!

And if, like myself (at least until I checked in on my email this morning), you haven't got a clue what a Proxigean Tide is, don't worry, you'll find that out there too.

Thanks, DennisG. Here's some more Rockaway Peninsula for you. Starts at the Gil Hodges Memorial Bridge, over Fort Tilden, out to sea. Just past the tree I pause on Coney Island, you can see the Verranzano Narrows Bridge too. Next brief pause is on the Manhattan skyline - it was very clear on Friday.



Oh, and speaking of learning new things, I learned about "graupel" a couple of weeks ago, during a cozy evening curled up on the futon with Extreme Weather, a fascinating giveaway bin find by H. Michael Mogil. I could tell you about it, but I think it's better to let someone who, being a Michigander, has actually had a little more of a first hand experience with the stuff do the honors.

No comments: