Hi: Summer is often the time when a kayaker purchases a boat
So--Just a reminder that there is immediate kayak storage at the new JFK Marina Boathouse in Yonkers!
Lack of affordable storage has long been a bottleneck in the growth of kayaking/human powered boating on the Hudson. Helping to alleviate this problem, the Yonkers Paddling & Rowing Club** now operates a satellite boathouse!
- Low annual cost of $200.00.
- Indoor Racks with 24 Hour Access
- FREE parking
- Fresh Water
- AWESOME view of Hudson River and Palisades (editorial comment - TOTALLY!)
- Marina Ramp for Launch into a Protected Cove (for beginners) or the Flowing Hudson River (for experienced paddlers)
- Drive your Car Right to Roll-Up Door and Easily Load Your Kayak
- Open Also to Canoes and Solo Rowing Shells
(editorial comment#2 - PLUS, chances are very good that you'll end up paddling with the good folks of the YPRC, who rocketh mightily!)Here's a link to a flyer: _
For more information or to schedule a visit, contact the Kennedy Boathouse Captain:
Kennedy Boathouse House Captain
914 325 5848
*More info about the NYCKayaker list: http://www.hrwa.org/nyckayaker-list/
**More info about the Yonkers Paddling & Rowing Club: http://www.yprc.org/