Friday, April 15, 2011

Save Our Ships

The Wavertree (with the tug Helen McAllister) in the sunset


Save Our Ships

The most recent WaterWire features an excellent article about the goings-on (or lack thereof, more like) at the South Street Seaport.

I'd mentioned on Facebook the other day that if it was time to publicize the Sebago Open House, it was also about time to rebuild my Ways to Get On The Water blogroll (I've been slowly rebuilding those ever since Google blacklisted the old Blogrolling.com service I used to use), which had been based on my "24 Ways to Get On the Water post" (now linked in the blogrolls as the single item "Float Plans!"). I'd mentioned that #16 made me sad because the fate of the Seaport fleet was so up-in-the-air - this article addresses the situation quite well and gives a couple of links to sites where the public will be able to follow what's going on.

Oh - the photo above? I have got to link to the original posting - that was taken on a day when things didn't go according to plan - and what happened instead was wonderful.

No comments: