Thursday, December 22, 2005

It's OVER!

YAAAAY!

Somebody just walked past my desk talking on a cell phone, saying "I just heard the strike's over".

YAAAAY! I AM VERY VERY HAPPY! TRANSIT STRIKE 2005 IS OVER!

Hm. Now I wonder how long it will take them to get everything up and running again. I checked Yahoo right after writing "I am very very happy!" and there was a paragraph in the AP story there that read "No timetable was announced for the restoration of bus and subway service, which was halted Tuesday, affecting millions of riders". I hope it's running by tonight. Tonight's plan, if the traffic proves to be as scary as it was last night, was going to be to walk to the intersection of Atlantic and Flatbush - there were a ton of vans that were loading up there & going to points further out.

But it would be awfully nice to just take the train.

No comments: