Wednesday, September 12, 2007

TImes article with Fiduciary Trust people

There was an article in the Times this morning with some people I used to work with. I liked it because it showed the sort of quiet heroism that went on then. I did a couple of little good things that day. I had heard from other Fiduciary Trust employees that Ed and Alayne had not made it out because they were making sure others left. My picture looking back on that day is this odd one of buildings swarming like anthills, but alongside all the fear & despair (as the terrorists wanted) only God knows how many little and big acts of bravery & caring.

One thing that always bothered me was that "Heroes of 9/11" became such a catchphrase for the fire department and the NYPD. Yes, they were heroes too - but there were so many more, people you'll never hear of. I was glad to see the Times remembering that.

I actually checked on the rights thing - it would cost $1,000 for me to share it with you here. So, here's a link, sorry, it's Times Select so you won't be able to read it unless you have that service.

Think this will be the last 9/11 post this year. We now return to our regular salt-water programming.

No comments: