Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spam On Saturday!


Welcome to Spamaica Bay!

hee hee. No, they didn't really rename the bay in honor of the big day, but I do suspect that this is probably the first day in the history of the world that spam musubi could be found plying the waters of Jamaica Bay. I went to the presentation at the South Street Seaport that I'd posted earlier this week last night (it was excellent), and that took me right past L&L Barbecue, of course. I'm a little short on lunch fixings right now & had been planning on picking up a sandwich, but since I had to go to L&L anyways, I figured, why have a sandwich when I can have the ultimate Hawaiian fusion cuisine? Onolicious!

Want to try it for yourself, but don't happen to have a Hawaiian plate lunch place in your town? Here's the Single Guy Chef to show you how!

10 comments:

PeconicPuffin said...

I'm afraid of spam, even though I know that in the right hands (like poison blowfish) it can be delicious.

Out east we've had little crocus flowers pop up. They are a pleasing sign of the coming equinox!

Chris Partridge said...

Spam musubi...interesting, but how can he bear to let that delicious fragrant hot spam go all cold and horrid, when he could add it to a fried egg and eat it while it is at its best yum yum?

O Docker said...

Ah, you've inspired yet another blog post - Spam - Not Just For Breakfast Anymore.

Alex said...

Great post! It inspired me to whip up some spam musubi at home last night. My wife and I are spamaholics so this is like our ideal meal!

bonnie said...

Fantastic!

And I'm also happy to report that everyone at Sebago who tried it thought it was in the "pretty good" to "not bad" range!

spammer said...

Another great SPAM recipe is SPAM Thai-Style Fried Rice.

bonnie said...

Yay! Spam spam from SPAMMER at Spam!

O Docker said...

I don't know, Bonnie. Spammers are so clever today. Spam is never from where the spam seems to be spamming, even if it's Spam spam from spammer. The Spam spam that we've been spammed that appears to be Spam spam from Spam is likely spam that has been spammed by some other spammer posing as a Spam spammer.

I hope you don't feel that I'm spamming you just because I also posted this Spam spamming comment on my own post about Spam.

bonnie said...

Spaaaaamtastic. I'm completely confused but I don't care, that was fun to try to read.

Although now that Tillerman got spam spam from Spammer I'm a little worried that I've unleashed a Spam spamming monster on my blogroll!

Spam no more, Spammer, spam no more...

Baydog said...

I have always loved Spam