Thursday, March 18, 2010

he da man...

OK, out of respect for our privacy & your sensibilities, I don't tend to write a whole lot about the whys & wherefores of my love life, but I just can't resist sharing an example of the sort of exchange TQ & I will have that leaves me with a bit of a goofy grin...

Excerpt from email from me to TQ discussing weekends that would work for him to come to Brooklyn in April:

You might want to steer away from the weekend of the 17th & 18th. That's a big weekend at the club, we have a work day on the 17th & opening day is on the 18th. If you want to come that weekend, you can, just be warned you WILL get put to work!

I was going to say that at least you get a hot dog, but if it's nice on Opening Day it is quite possible to get so caught up in taking people out that you get back to find everything's been eaten except a teaspoon of dried-out pickle relish in the bottom of the jar.


I was exaggerating about the pickle relish, but other than that, I was serious & I was genuinely thinking he'd say "Thanks for the heads-up, I'll pick another weekend".

Excerpt from his response...

"That sounds like it might be fun..."

That's my guy! :D

3 comments:

Michael said...

And I thought I was tough to get along with... LOL

Tillerman said...

He sounds like a keeper.

Buck said...

Rock!