Thursday, December 16, 2010

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Bernadette Peters Performs Send In The Clowns



Bernadette Peters made me cry last night. And laugh, and cheer, and pretty much everything in between. Fantastic.

Post-show glow still hanging on. To borrow my own Facebook status:

Got a brilliant reminder last night of how completely a great show performed by great performers can transport an audience. Not that I'd ever entirely forgotten, but it's been a while since I can remember having a theatrical experience as rich as the one that Bernadette Peters, Elaine Stritch & the rest of the cast of A Little Night Music gave me last night. Standing ovation, well earned.

PS: Award for the biggest LOSER in the place last night goes to the donkey's-bottom whose cell phone started ringing (Pink Panther ring tone) just as Ms. Peters was launching into the opening bars of "Send In the Clowns". *@#!!!

No comments: