Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dawn, 9/11/2011

Dawn, 9/11/2011 by bkfrogma
Dawn, 9/11/2011, a photo by bkfrogma on Flickr.



This is what I did for myself today before the annual meeting - a solo paddle to meet the sunrise. Unfortunately it was marred by beginning and ended with rudeness from a couple of individuals at the club just to the north of us, but the paddle was lovely. Been a long time since I paddled solo and I have never watched the dawn on the water on my own.

The day turned dreary later, but 6 a.m. on Jamaica Bay was magnificent.

3 comments:

O Docker said...

I think Mr. Evil sleeps in most days.

It's hard to find a trace of him at that hour.

bonnie said...

Yup. Mr. Annoying was definitely up and ready to go fishing and yelling at me about my lights and how he can't see kayaks and those people you take out, can they swim, and those people you take out, I think they scratched my boat and bent my prop...gaaaach.

But no Mr. Evil.

Although it was a little evil for that guy to mess up the start of my day that way.

bonnie said...

Ha! This is awesome. Obviously, earlier today I was still fuming about the crank at the club next door.

Well, Tillerman posted a post today that put me in such a good mood, I'm suddenly not fuming anymore.

Suddenly cleared to think more about what a lovely, quiet morning I had out on the water on my own.

Sweet.