Friday, September 30, 2011

Preparing for Ederle, and "watching" the event

Well, this was pretty funny...the night before a long paddle, I like to have a simple yet hearty dinner. It's not usually all purple, though! :D


Pure coincidence - I had some beets from the garden, I had some purple potatoes from a farm stand in Long Island, and when the butcher shop didn't have the leg of lamb I went there planning to buy, I got a nice eye of round which I marinated in red wine and garlic. The results were quite tasty, but it is one of the weirdest-looking dinners I've ever fixed myself!

Anyways - off to bed now, got an early early start, meeting Princess Polar Bear Capri and her team at the Hudson River Yacht Club at 5 am. She'll be starting her epic swim at 7 am, and if you'd like to follow along and see how we're doing, click here to go to the event page and look for "GPS tracking" in the upper right hand corner.

Wish us well!

11:15 update...oops. Best laid plans, etc etc. Small craft advisory means Ederle swim postponed until Sunday. I'm turning off my alarm & going back to bed!

2 comments:

Baydog said...

Okay, I'll be the first to say it: Purple food, besides being tasty, is nothing but good for you!

bonnie said...

But it looks like a meal planned by a 5-year old!