Saturday, October 06, 2012

Book Launch On A BIG Boat - Sailor Twain

I'll be back to sailing a little boat tomorrow, but last night I got an unexpected treat from facebook friend Harry - he was doing a NY/NJ road trip and had an extra ticket for a book launch party on the Clearwater and did I want to come?

Of course I did! I've been aboard the Clearwater a few times, but never underway - and the book turned out to be a graphic novel called "Sailor Twain". I've only just begun to read it but if I don't blog for a couple of days now, even though work's settling down here in the wake of always-crazy September, it's because I'm too busy following the adventures of an 1880's Hudson River steamboat captain.

Click here for more pictures from the sail. It was a funny sail, we launched from 79th street and sailed north against a strong ebb current, we didn't really go anywhere but back and forth across the river, but summer had put in a bit of an encore appearance, and it was just so nice to be out sailing that I don't think anyone cared!

Andclick HERE to meet Sailor Twain, and the Mermaid of the Hudson.

No comments: