Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Update

So far so good here at 10:45 pm. I'm glad I live in Midwood. We're sort of boring here. As you can see in the video, the trees behind my building were lashing about, and I'm sure that some of the fine old trees that line the streets here have gone down (and they can do a lot of damage when they go), but generally speaking, we're doing pretty well compared to a lot of places in the city. We've got lights, we've got internet, I look out the window and I see pavement, not water...boring? Well, boring is awesome.

So far so good, fingers crossed it stays that way. Good luck to my friends who are in places where things are not so good.

5 comments:

Pandabonium said...

Boring is good!

my2fish said...

yeah, what Panda said. stay safe!

bonnie said...

All's well! TQ works for parks & he and his co-workers will be working a long day of cleanup today, I'm going to go check in on the dogs now. Taking the camera of course.

Pat said...

Boring is good.

bonnie said...

It is, isn't it? Hooray for boring. Gimme a yawn!