Thursday, December 13, 2012

Horses! I almost forgot the horses!

And why have I suddenly got horses on the brain tonight? Spur-of-the-moment trip to see the stage production of War Horse tonight, that's why. I've been toying with the thought of going to see it for ages -- my company published the book, which I really liked, and I was very intrigued by the puppets -- but with the last show being on January 6th, time was running out fast. I hadn't thought about it recently but a friend went to see the matinee today, and when she mentioned that, it hit me that I didn't really have any plans tonight and maybe it would be good to just go already! It was. I'll give a bit more of a review tomorrow, even if it's just copying a long blithery comment from Facebook, but for now - look, aren't they beautiful? This was the Parade of Breeds show at the Lexington Horse Park in Kentucky, which we visited during the family's September get-together for my mom and dad's 50th anniversary. Featured breeds during the show we watched:
Oldenburg
Connemara

 American Paint (new thing I learned about spotted horses on this trip: a Paint is always a pinto, but a pinto isn't always a Paint).
Friesian (made famous in the movie Ladyhawke)
And the mighty Shire!

Special addition to this show - Cowgirl Express western drill team.

After the show, all the little girls can't wait to meet the horses
And some of the bigger girls enjoyed saying hello, too!




Must be cool to be a Cowgirl!


3 comments:

Joe said...

Horses..that caught my attention!

bonnie said...

And not just horses, wahines on horses!

Joe said...

I like where this is going!