Thursday, December 06, 2012

BOYCOTT TRUMP. BUY GLENFIDDICH!

Can't resist. Click here and read. Jeeze. PETA should boycott this guy for keeping too many bats in one belfry. Me? I usually go for the Balvenie on the rare occasion I buy a bottle of scotch but I swear that the next time I get home early enough for the liquor store to be open I'm buying a bottle of Glenfiddich. Whitman classmate & professional liquor writer (true, and yes, be jealous, be very jealous) Robert Haynes-Peterson posted this story on his Facebook. I shared it there and had to share it here, too. Oooh, and speaking of PETA, I just had a great idea - how about that town that PETA stopped from having their Possum Drop on New Year's Eve have a Trump Drop instead? Or if that's too much heavy lifting they could just send somebody to swipe that thing Trump wears on his head and put that in the box in which they used to drop the possum. It would make a splendid possum substitute.

10 comments:

Tillerman said...

Brilliant. Love Glenfiddich. Despise Trump.

This gives me the perfect excuse to order Glenfiddich as an after dinner drink in restaurants and to buy myself a bottle for Xmas too.

Have a merry one!

bonnie said...

Thanks! I'm not sure I've ever bought a bottle of Glenfidditch, but I saw that story and decided that now would be the perfect time. Or at least tonight. By this weekend, at the latest.

Keep Reaching said...

Well, I can certainly understand why Trump called the man's property "slum-like" and "disgusting" - there was not even one small private jet on it, let alone a proper one like Trump uses.

The best line though was when the Trump is asking for a mirror.

bonnie said...

Does my hair look ok? HA!

Didn't actually watch the trailer until last night. Boy. If he wants to sue people for making him look bad, I hope his lawyer brings him the mirror & says "Here, start with this guy".

Harry said...

I am now buying Glenfiddich for A few Christmas presents this year! Good post Bonnie. I live right in the middle of farm country, and some friends up here took great offense to Trumps statements...and also they despise the kind of development that he does.

bonnie said...

He's been so crazy with his ridiculous interjections in the US political scene and I'm just liking the fact that he's finally given us such a good symbolic gesture with which we little people can say "This is what I think of you and your nonsense". And such good timing, too. Love the idea of Glenfiddich gifts, I think I may bring a bottle to share at Sebago's annual Frostbite Regatta And Potluck this year.

bonnie said...

He does at least serve as the perfect ugly face for the ugly birther movement. There are all sorts of reasonable criticisms of Obama out there, but these folks who just can't accept the fact that he was born in the USA just as much as Bruce Springsteen is just completely deranged.

Almost said I can't imagine why they keep after it, but of course I can.

O Docker said...

Bonnie post, lassie!

bonnie said...

Thank you! Now if I post a Joe Rouse-esque wahine post, would you say "Lassie post, Bonnie"? :D

I hadn't ranted lately - this was worth it!

Harry said...

I also bought a bottle to bring to our annual Ugliest Christmas Sweater Party next week.