Sunday, September 15, 2013

I raced yesterday. How did I do?

OK, some people have high expectations, but for me, that's pretty darned good. And what a lovely day we had for the 2013 running of the Sebago Cup, or as Sailing World called it in an article we LOVED -- "Jamaica Bay's Jewel".
More photos and a bit more of a writeup to come, I'm trying to catch up with a little housework today but just can't resist a bit of a teaser, what a fun fun day it was - none of last year's agony. Remember last year's agony? Here's a refresher - it went something like this:


If that race had had a theme song, it would've been "And The Beat Goes On". And on, and on, and on, and onandonandon and AIIIIIEEEEEEE PLEASE MAKE IT STOP ENOUGH BEATING ENOUGH!!!

This year - ah, so much better!

 

5 comments:

derek said...

Brilliant. I have been sailing for over 30 years and rarely get as high as mid-fleet. You must be a natural!

bonnie said...

I was also 5th from last, of course.

Baydog said...

A force with which to be reckoned

bonnie said...

May've been a fluke, but this once I didn't flounder!

PeconicPuffin said...

Any place but last! Congratulations Bonnie!