Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Election Day

I have friends in western NY who are going to vote this morning and then make a trip to pay their respects at Susan B. Anthony's grave. I thought that was a fine idea - obviously I can't join them, but at least I can post this! 

Update, shortly after 9 am - Up early to vote! I ran into a friend who lives downstairs from me on my way out, we walked over together, we got to pet a beautiful Golden Retriever along the way, and we joined the line at our polling place little after 6:30. It was lovely weather for standing outside, the volunteers did a good job of keeping things moving along, and I'd cast my vote and was on my way by 7:30. Not bad at all, about as pleasantly uneventful as you would want it to be. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So it's going to turn out to be what? 97 years between women being able to vote and electing a female President?

A female President who will likely be elected by the female vote!

bonnie said...

Fingers crossed, knocking wood, all that, yes yes yes!