Saturday, November 25, 2006

Sorry about the train wreck.


Sorry about the train wreck. I've excised most of last week's rant. Can't begin to explain why not being told about a stupid meeting bothers me so much, shouldn't have blogged about it, I was just so frustrated common sense went out the window. What is that Serenity Prayer thing you see done up on plaques & samplers & what have you - God grant me the courage to change the things I can, the serenity to accept the things I can't, and the wisdom to know the difference? Well, God hasn't been granting me any of the above, lately.

Maybe I forgot to ask. Have had a couple of days out of town, a beautiful hike, good food & good company - still feeling like I've made an absolute mess of my ability to be involved, but I'm starting to accept that there's a pretty good chance that whatever I try to say to the "working group", it's just going to screw things up more. Wouldn't exactly call it serenity, but maybe something that could turn into serenity if I can just let it. Nine times out of ten, when I've had the opportunity to leave well enough alone, I didn't. Maybe this will be the exceptional tenth.

No comments: