Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Greenland Kayak Rolls

Andrew Elizaga performs a range of traditional Greenland kayak rolls in his skin-on-frame East Greenland replica qajaq, demonstrating the grace and beauty of these magnificent seagoing arctic hunting craft. This movie features the names of the rolls in English, an original musical score and guest appearance by Baby Seal.

- bonnie's note...well, here it is 7 pm. I'm finishing up at work. So much for leaving at 5. I will be incommunicado for a couple of days, going for my first EVER winter camping trip (aside from maybe Hawaii & California, but I don't think that counts as actual WINTER camping) - hope to have some pretty pictures & good stories when I get back!

In the meantime, O.G. sent me this jazzy-riffic little video which turns out to be none other than the Dash Point Pirate himself! Enjoy!

No comments: