Thursday, July 17, 2008

What Else Is Green?


Basil. Basil is green! Yep, it's pesto time again. Fun thing about having blogged some of the significant moments in the year of the garden last year, I can now say "Hmm, I wonder when I made my first pesto last year?", and go back & find it. Seems that July is the Pesto Month - it was in early July I first made pesto last year, and I'm running a little late this year but it was a couple of weeks ago I first started looking at the basil & thinking "Hmmm".

And the seasons, they go round and round...

And Greenpeace. Greenpeace is pretty darned green, right? Well, Greenpeace is in some local maritime news that non-New York residents may find amusing (the New York set already heard about it, read about it, watched it on the news or some combination thereof) -

If your round-the-world cruise ship has to spring a leak at some point in your year-long dream-trip-of-a-lifetime, could you ask for it to happen than in a better place than New York City?

Gotta say, sounds like some good work by the Coast Guard.

No comments: