Monday, February 02, 2009

But First, Photo Tag!


Oops. I promised more pictures & writeup from the cold water workshop, but I haven't quite sorted out what I want to talk about yet, if I want it to be a couple of posts, or if I want to do it as a photo gallery, or what...

So being all befuddled in that direction, and also rather tired, I'll just take the lovely out that DaveO has provided me, in the form of tagging me with a photo archive game.

I've been terrible about tags for a while - I have a tendency to overthink & overwrite them, so that something that's just supposed to be a fun thing ends up keeping me up all night blathering on. This one was simple, though - the instructions were to "go into your photo archive, pick the 4th folder in the archive, select the 4th picture in the folder, and write about it. A person then needs to tag 4 other people to do the same". Well, that's simple & I was very curious about what picture that would come out being!

And the one above is it!

This was taken during one of the longer day paddles I've ever done, a circumnavigation of Staten Island done on Saturday, July 16th, 2005. About 50 miles. My folks had just sent me my first Pentax Optio WP (I'm working on #2 now, #1 went to the big darkroom in the sky after a day of surfing, I knew it was leaking but I stuck it in a ziploc bag, hoped for the best, and didn't get it) & it turned up about a week before the big trip. I took about a zillion pictures that day but lucky for this game, the 4th folder was sort of a subset of pictures I'd taken in the Graveyard of Ships.

This picture appeared in my blog on Monday, July 18th; I'd done a quick trip report on Sunday the 17th & eventually did a 2-part photo trip report on Buzznet - Part 1 was southbound, Part 2 was northbound, and then there was the Graveyard of Ships set.

Now let's see, hmm, who shall I tag?

I think I shall tag...

It's hard to choose really - but I'll start with Tugster Will,

and oh, let's take this international!

Captain JP in London

and

Claire of Claire's Garden in Scotland (and I should start a pool on whether it will be a flower or a horse!),

And then how about Japan? Hello, Pandabonium?

(hope none of you mind, I usually leave the complicated ones for "whoever wants to do them", but this one's not too complicated!)

No comments: