Thursday, February 05, 2009

Small Boat Shop Cold Water Workshop - 1/31/2009

Seeing the Coast Guard off - this was an excellent addition to the cold water workshop, they came & talked about both the gear they use in cold water (quite similar to kayaking gear, really) and the work they do, and what recreational boaters can do to make their work easier. Good stuff.
Please note there's ice in that water. I rolled every month of the off-season last year, but it was a bizarrely warm winter & the water never got that cold. This is the coldest water...

to which I have voluntarily subjected myself.

Would you believe it was actually a lot of fun? Informative too, this week is falling apart workwise but I'm hoping to get at least one more post out of it.

A bunch more pictures from the day over on my Flickr page! Pictures variously by me, Jean & TQ - thanks guys!

No comments: