Monday, May 14, 2012

Kayaking around New York City | 7online.com (and Blue Drinks OOPS POSTPONED! )

Kayaking around New York City | 7online.com

Very nice little interview with Kevin Stiegelmeier, author of a brand-new guidebook to paddling Long Island and New York City. A friend called me at work today because she saw it & wanted to know if I knew him - I was happy to tell her that not only did I know him, but friends and I had had the pleasure of showing him one of our favorite paddles in Jamaica Bay while he was working on the book.

Oh, and as long as I'm doing a quick post - don't forget, Blue Drinks are coming right up here, Tuesday, May 15th! D'OH! JUST got postponed until NEXT WEEK WEDNESDAY, May 23rd. Full details here (last week's post) - everything's the same but the date, now!

7 comments:

Baydog said...

With blueberries?

bonnie said...

mmmm, blueberries.

I bet the bartenders at the barge would make me a blueberry gimlet, but I'm pretty sure that I would need to bring my own blueberries.

Baydog said...

In the height of the blueberry season, buy several pints, spread them out flat on cookie sheets and freeze them. Then pour them back into the containers and use them throughout the year, in pancakes, smoothies, or gimlets. Drink with fried blowfish and onion rings.

bonnie said...

And sweet corn and Jersey tomatoes (or Canarsie tomatoes, depending on how my garden treats me this year)?

bonnie said...

OK, if I wasn't ready for summer before, I am now!

O Docker said...

I'm starting to think that Baydog secretly writes the Hints From Heloise column.

bonnie said...

That was VERY Heloiseical, wasn't it?