Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Dempsey's first Tuesday Night Seisiún of 2013 - off to a great start!

Seems like everybody was really ready for a few tunes (and maybe a pint or two) after a couple of weeks off for a holiday hiatus. At least 25 musicians showed up (and I sat on a stool in the vicinity and occasionally tootled on my tin whistle too) and as they say, "the craic was mighty". Fearless Leader John Nevin was concerned that he might not be able to make it, so he lined up a guest leader, but then he WAS able to come, so we had both Fearless Leader John AND Martin O'Connell, last year's All-Ireland Button Accordion Champion, who utterly delighted us at one point by leading off a set of traditional reels with a blazing rendition of "Tico Tico". I wish I'd had my camera along, but this guitar version gets to rollicking along at a similar pace at 1:14 (at first time through is apparently just a warm up). Yowza!

No comments: