Friday, March 11, 2005

Thankful for...

Taking a quick break in a very very very stressful day (and one of my occasional veers away from the Hudson & into the dicier turf of politics, religion & ideology) to say it always makes me feel better about the world when I see reasonable people actively standing up to fundamentalists. In ANY religion.

No time to rant/reflect but just had to say -

Thank you Some Amusing Blog Pun.

Thank you Sardonic Bomb,

And also...Hooray for the Spanish Muslims.

Update: Took the time to leave a comment on Alan's blog - thinking about it, I realized it would make a good addition to what I'd already said here without taking any additional time out of the work day. So here it is:

This is the sort of thing that makes me feel a little less like shying away from religion entirely - last time I went to church(other than going to Aiea United Methodist, the church I went to as a kid & where my parents still go) was Christmas 2003. I went to a little Episcopalian church around the corner from the apartment I'd just bought.

The minister turned out to be a raving Pentecostal type. Preached The Gospel According to "Left Behind" authors Lahaye & Jenkins.

I wish I'd had the guts to quietly stand up and walk out on his horrifying sermon. I'm entirely too well-trained for that though. Just left afterwards without shaking the minister's hand & have had no urge to voluntarily attend a service since then.

Later update: Why didn't anybody tell me my link to the Spanish Muslim's fatwa story was broken? Fixed now. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, thanks!!

Scott