Sunday, April 24, 2005

Here Comes Boating Season!

Well, just as I have predicted more than once, as the weather warms up, my blog posts are getting a little more sparse!

Actually the week just past, I can't even blame on boating season. I'm apparently done with my role in producing next year's budget, so I'm finally, after quite a spell where I was feeling like I was very out of circulation as far as seeing my friends, able to come up for a little air & socialization. Thoroughly enjoying it too - the week featured dinner at a Mexican restaurant where they make the guacamole in a stone metate right at your table, organized by some friends who've had a lot of good news (a baby & a job...this is just fantastic for them in ways I don't even want to go into right now 'cause I don't want this to be a loooong post - but it just makes me smile so hard it hurts my face even to write that much!) that meant that they also got a little out-of-circulation for a while - that was great -

Then yesterday I actually got to meet Scott and Jay in person - as I think I mentioned, they were in town visiting Kristin and Brad and Beau. Y'know, the problem with reading blogs is that every blog I really like ends up having links to a couple more blogs I really like, and so on and so forth, and I run into this problem of having and infinite number of blogs to investigate while definitely wanting to keep my blog-reading hours finite. Heh. I notice I don't keep up with my favorite comics (Get Fuzzy, Kevin & Kell, Sluggy Freelance - er, is that really nerdy? - and a few others) as much as I used to 'cause it's more interesting to read about real people.

That's good, though, right?

We didn't make any real plans but I called Scott's cell phone just as they were about an hour away from going to the Rose Planetarium. Well, I can always watch a planetarium show, and happened to be conveniently kittysitting 15 minutes away (part of today's plan was to migrate back home to Brooklyn - I'm glad the kitties dads didn't get back on Friday 'cause meeting up with Scott et al would've been much more complicated if I'd been in Ditmas Park instead of right in the same neighborhood - specially%

No comments: