Monday, August 06, 2007

Exciting First

Can't do a real post right now, too much to do, but I did something this weekend that I was very excited about and wanted to share it.

After a couple of hours of working with Holly, the Sebago sailing chair, she actually decided that I could get home without her while she stayed out & worked with somebody else. I actually tacked up the Paedergat and sailed onto the dock on Saturday, completely unsupervised and completely under control!

Holly would not have let me go alone if she didn't think I could do it, and I was feeling a lot more comfortable with the tacking after Holly drilled me on 'em (OK, you need to do 10 tacks before that buoy...1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10...ok, now 5 more, quick we're almost there!)but still, boy, it was awfully nice to have it all actually WORK when left to my own devices!

No comments: