Friday, August 03, 2007

Summer's flying...


...sorta like my friend & early kayak mentor Richard Chen See in this picture.

So much to squeeze in this weekend.

Looks like I may get another try at the dinghy thingy tomorrow. Hope so.

Now how's this for a conundrum?

Actually it's not really a conundrum at all, I've already bought a ticket & know what I'm doing, but it's still funny - my friend & early mentor Richard dances with the Paul Taylor Dance Company; they are giving a free (yes, free, fabulous and free, how's that for a deal?) performance as part of the Lincoln Center Out-of-Doors Festival. Performances tonight (August 3rd) & tomorrow (August 4th) at Damrosch Park. Can't make it tomorrow because I'm already going to hear another paddler friend sing...at Lincoln Center's Mostly Mozart Festival.

I find it very strange that I actually have 2 friends performing in 2 totally separate events on the same night at Lincoln Center.

Well, maybe not that strange. I've noticed that there seem to be a lot of really interesting & talented people drawn to boating here in NYC. Guess that's part of what makes me enjoy it so much.

Anyways, they'll both be great shows. Wish I could see both!

No comments: