Saturday, June 14, 2008

By Request - A Visit to the Telectroscope!


A couple of weeks ago, I got an email from my old friend Mr. Scott Chicken (note for the squeamish - don't scroll much past the puppet sex post, Mr. S.C. had a little biking accident & has been sharing his eye socket reconstruction surgery - all's well, hooray, but the pictures aren't good lunch break viewing!).

"Enough with the gardening & work pictures", he said -

"We (and by "we" I naturally mean "I") want pictures of this this thing!"

Well, "this thing" turned out to be the Telectroscope, and it sounded pretty cool so I decided to try to go some morning before work. It was built for the 125th anniversary celebrations of the Brooklyn Bridge. Sunday's the last day, so Friday morning I left for work a couple hours early, and here, as requested, are Pictures!


The Telectroscope is set up at the Old Fulton Ferry Landing.


First view - it's to the left of the old fireboat house (now an ice-cream parlor)
5






One thing a lot of people in NY & London have been doing is arranging to meet their friends across the pond. If I hadn't been as pressed for time & tired as I've been of late, for example, I might have been able to meet Captain JP there. My friend Adele (Adele the Gardening Chair) met someone there with whom she'd exchanged emails - they both carried flowers so they'd recognize each other. In this case, cell phones were being used to facilitate the meet-up.
And here's a closeup of the guy's friends in London!
For those of us who couldn't coordinate meetings, there were still friendly strangers to see, wave at. In this picture, the gentleman in London with his arms in the air has just done some magic tricks for us!

Scott, thanks for alerting me to this!

p.s. If you happen to be reading this in London or NY, and want to check it out - it's only up until June 15th, 2008.

No comments: