Friday, April 16, 2010

Ooh Ooh Ooh - Amazing Bronx River Flotilla!

- and when I said just above this waterfall I meant JUST above!
- Finish line of the Amazing Bronx River Flotilla the year I went!

Speaking of great free events, reservations for the 2010 Amazing Bronx River Flotilla open up at 6 a.m. this coming Monday! This is a great paddle & spaces go fast, so if you're a NY area paddler (they do request paddling experience - see picture above!), bookmark this link & set your alarm on Sunday night!

Full details here.

Sorry about the picture discombobulation, I will fix it when I get home but the link should take you to an album (backwards, I'm afraid, but it gives the general idea of how much fun the day is).


Andreas said...

Do you actually run the weir? Looks like a cracking drop but also looks a wee bit shallow at the bottom.

bonnie said...

Not if you know how to stop! :D

There are a couple of dams to be portaged, I think that's one of the main reason they request experience. Other than that, it's a totally placid little river.